Careers with CyberSafeKids
We are only looking for trainers based in the Dublin and Wicklow areas or Galway. The role is specifically for face-to-face delivery of our training in schools and workplaces, and as such all trainers will be required to have access to their own transport (car/motorbike: mileage is included in the trainer fee to cover the expense of fuel) and laptop.
Please note that all applications must be accompanied by a cover letter demonstrating your interest in the field of online safety education. Please do not apply if you are not based in either of the geographical areas mentioned, as the job cannot be carried out remotely.
This role is contract for services and part-time, but there is no designated number of hours per week. Hours worked will depend on how many school bookings we have in any given week.
Training & Development:
- To deliver interactive online safety training sessions to parents, teachers and children.
- To liaise with school principals / representatives as required.
- To stay up to date on trends, apps and games that children are using.
- To ensure that feedback forms are completed.
- To complete a simple trainer session report following each session and to send summary reports via Salesforce
- To report any child protection issues or disclosures to the CyberSafeKids Designated Child Liaison Officer in line with the CyberSafeKids Child Protection Policy
Applicants for this contract must have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a field relating to education, internet safety, cybercrime, IT security or digital media.
- Experience presenting, teaching or facilitating training sessions with adults and children.
- A good understanding of the online environment and familiarity with apps and games that children are currently using.
- A full clean driver’s license is required, and applicants must be prepared to travel. Successful applicants are expected to provide their own roadworthy transport. Trainers are compensated for mileage.
- Stable internet connection and competence using Zoom.
- Knowledge of the Irish primary education system.
Applications should be in the form of a letter of application and CV (max 2 pages), and be emailed with “Trainer Vacancy” in the subject line by close of business on Friday 28th June.
Interviews will be held via Zoom in July.
Successful candidates will be required to attend two half-day training sessions online, and all training materials will be provided.
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 0-20 per week
Application deadline: 28/6/2021
Expected start date: 1/9/2021
COVID-19 considerations: Any trainer visiting a school will be required to work within the current public health guidelines, and any additional measures required by the school to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For further information, please contact Philip Arneill on [email protected]